MedBiome develops Precision Microbiome Therapeutics and Precision Microbiome Nutrition products that modulate the production of specific metabolites produced by the human gut microbiome. Changes in the levels of specific metabolites affect both wellness and disease and the ability to modulate the levels of such metabolites will enable the treatment of multiple diseases such as IBD, CKD, AD and CRC.
Each microbiome is unique, and individuals may respond differently to treatment. Therefore, we believe that personalized, or precision therapeutics and nutritional products represent the most attractive approach to product development.
MedBiome’s core technology, called RapidAIM, enables the ex vivo discovery and characterization of therapeutic or nutritional products that modulate individual, live microbiomes. RapidAIM provides unprecedented insight into the metabolism of the microbiome. This insight enables the discovery of compounds that target the production of specific metabolites by the human microbiome. RapidAIM can therefore be used to:
- Discover novel drugs, biologics, and nutritional products that act through the microbiome.
- Characterize and de-risk existing products and compounds.
- Stratify patients based on their microbiome responses.
- Determine how drugs affect the microbiome.
- Determine how the microbiome affects drugs.
- Fully investigate both the function and the composition of the microbiome.
MedBiome is using RapidAIM to discover and develop Precision Microbiome Therapeutics and Precision Microbiome nutrition products that target the human microbiome to modulate the production of specific metabolites, metabolic pathways and enzymes.
MedBiome is developing compounds that target the human microbiome in four disease areas, all with significant unmet medical needs. These include:
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD).
- Early-stage Alzheimer’s Disease (AD).
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD).
- Colorectal Cancer (CRC).